Development Through Knowledge
The GTG Community System untangles the digital ecosystem of an organization in a game-changing way. Users experience the wealth of knowledge the corporation has to offer through interactive TouchPoints. These TouchPoints encourage creation and collaboration between employees while providing entirely new ways of productivity.
Unveiling Rich Information Resources
Our ICS technology provides unified, natural and easy access to a company's multitude of data and information sources. ICS visualizes the underlying virtual ecosystem to create a smoother and more understandable user experience.
- The Data Integration module connects multiple data sources via data connectors. It is able to read, write and process unstructured data.
- The Content Manager module creates a continuous flow of information, based on rules which can be freely defined. It provides several search possibilities for the user to retrieve specific search results, manages user profiles and is thus capable of creating personalized recommendations.
- The front-end of our solutions contain Content Surface modules. They appear as software part of any TouchPoint in physical space, be it mobile (e.g. tablet PC’s) or stationary (e.g. a GTG Hub).
Inspiring people and sparking ideas
Physical TouchPoints are the bridge between the physical and digital space. The number and configuration of the TouchPoints is designed and arranged according to the organizations needs. The software easily allows for multiple devices which can be used to form a larger interactive surface. The ability to visualize information from the digital space, the TouchPoints become the perfect tool for inspiration and collaboration.
Discovering the New
The system goes beyond conventional browsing with its impelling approach to finding relevant content intuitively. As it works with social graphs instead of the traditional result list, content is suggested along semantic paths and according to the users’ profile.
- Better understanding through visualized information, presented in relevant forms.
- Inspiration through socio-semantic browsing via people or content
- Supply with latest information through a continuous flow of information particles across the digital surfaces of the TouchPoints
- Personalized recommendations validate experiences and support among colleagues
InfoParticles are bits of information with a certain identity. InfoParticles are generated by the back-end system either automatically by retrieving information from the connected data source or by the manual input of information, otherwise known as a manual particle upload.
Various Types of InfoParticles
Depending on its source and content an InfoParticle will change its appearance to assure an easy classification by its users. Possible types of Info Particles are Article, Bookmark, Comment, Event, Mindmap / Storypath, User Profile, Sketch or Video. Further formats can be designed if necessary.
The back-end provides a constant stream of InfoParticles.
The flow is a set of ever-changing InfoParticles floating across the tables and walls. The flow contains popular, interesting or new InfoParticles selected automatically by the system or hand-picked by an administrator. Composition and content focus can be set manually (overall or for particular TouchPoints) and scheduled to change automatically over a designated time period.
The semantic tree grows from a selected InfoParticle as a way of linking to further information or people. Connected InfoParticles are related semantically and allow for further exploration by simply tapping along the tree.
Recommendations appear in the same manner InfoParticles do. When users interact with the system, the viewed InfoParticles are tracked, thus leaving a virtual footprint. The system generates a profile from these interests and recommends InfoParticles related to a user’s footprint. Recommendations arise from the deep, float in empty space and disappear again after a while.
Originating from a user’s Userbox, a colored bubble indicates where the regarding Userzone is. The Userzone comprises a user’s Userbox and all InfoParticles in use. Its designated color appears only once at each TouchPoint. Any kind of content dragged into this zone gets attached to the ongoing session, colour coded appropriately.
The Userbox is quite similar to a user’s profile. Most of its content and functionality is personal and only available when logged in. When accessing the system, an anonymous Userbox can be activated. Login then is possible via a tap on the respective button. Part of the Userbox is a keyboard which appears when needed.
The Toolbox is a collection of useful functions. Popular, recent or recommended InfoParticles can be displayed from within the toolbox, just as applications can be launched (e.g. the browser, sketching or the mind mapping tool). Further, from within the toolbox there are six different types of search:
- Set of popular InfoParticles with lots of views, likes or comments
- Recently created or edited InfoParticles
- The flow that is floating across the tables and walls in a single scrollable list
- Text search with filters that can be applied to the search result
- Displays InfoParticles that match your usage profile (similar to: recommendations)
- A feed of corporate news
- Information is visualized in a precise and coherent way helping users gain a proper understanding of content.
- Continuous flow of information particles across the digital surfaces of the TouchPoints
- Activity Stream
- Intuitive browsing using the socio-semantic structure by people or content.
- Taxonomic browsing (by structure)
- Explicit search (conceptual search, query by example, refine by example)
- Recommendations (personalized, based on personal profile)
- Find an expert
- Post (public)
- Network, connect to... (friend- request)
- Ice-breaking (visible common ground for co-located users)
- Visible shared content
- Interpersonal referencing
New Way of Dealing with Knowledge
- Users are offered compelling information, adequate for situations and context.
- Exploring relevant information is made possible by the intuitive use of semantic paths therefore not relying on search terms
- Information is visualized in relevant forms to give users a better understanding of issues.
Getting Connected Intuitively
- It is easier for users to connect with peers based around their interests and work.
- The system offers various possibilities to get in touch among each other – either by chance, by appointment or virtually.
- Connectivity happens on all levels: People meet, group together and iniciate processes that permeate the organization.
Quickening Common Issues
- People can interact on the system as a supportive infrastructure and use it as a tool for new ways of interaction problem solving.
- It enables development of issues within the company and enables collaboration among interested people.
- An organization with a shared common ground of information and knowledge enables sharing ideas and therefore developes rapidly.